PDA

View Full Version : Custom Columns in Tickets

Budman
March 11th, 2008, 06:16 AM
It is cool that I can just drag and drop the columns - that is very helpful. Is there a way to remove and add columns? I have changed one of the custom fields, Field1 under Tickets, to "Assigned To" and I'd like to have that displayed as a column instead of the "Creator" column.

Also, I understand that the views will be more customizable in the new version. Is there an ETA on the newer release?

Thanks,
Budman

Support Team
March 11th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Budman,

As you mentioned, you can move the columns around and change their order and width, and this will be saved for the next time you open the window. Adding/removing columns is not currently supported, and we may support this in the future.

Specifically for your example, Tickets already have a field for the assigned technician - this is the Manager field. You can rename it if you wish, so it is called "Assigned To" (by right-clicking the field name and select Field Settings), and this is already displayed in the Tickets list as a column. This field allows you to select an employee from the active employees list.

RangerMSP is highly customizable as it is, allowing you to rename fields, edit pull-down menus, add your own tabs and fields to the system, remove tabs from the display, customize reports, etc. We may enhance this even more in our future releases. A new release (version 4.3) is in final beta stages and will be released soon.

I hope this helps.

Sherry