PDA

View Full Version : Programming API

KarinC
December 6th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Hi, I have some experience with SQL and VB.
I want to do an update of a custom field in our Items. From what I have read the best way to do this is through programming API. How do I access the Programming API to do this?
Thanks

Support Team
December 6th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Thank you for posting this.

We have sent you a email with all information related to API.

Besides, it may be easier to update Items details using the export and import of Items so consider this option as well -

1. Export items list from RangerMSP to Excel via Tools > Import & Export > Export menu. When exporting you can select all/some fields and it is important to select Item Code that is unique for each Item.

2. Update the custom field in Excel.

3. Import Items back to RangerMSP.

It is very important NOT to modify the Item Code - it is a unique identifier of the item and the item details will be updated from Excel file based on the Item code.

Tip: when importing items you can map only Item Code and a custom field (updated), you don't have to map other fields (again, this is because that this special import will update existing Items based on their code).

IMPORTANT: Before anything - please BACKUP the entire system. Do not import your updated items before taking a backup first.

​Hope this helps. ​

Lampson_sec
July 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Can you import automatically via CLI? Or is this only available manually via GUI?

Support Team
July 18th, 2017, 06:15 AM
You should use the import wizard interface in the RangerMSP client application to import contacts. Automatic imports can be achieved by using the API.

Hope this helps.