PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM wont log in, read of address error.

bcart01v
November 17th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone, I'm a bit stumped at this problem I've randomly come across. About 2 weeks ago I was looking at my charges tab and my CommitCRM crashed, and since then I haven't been able to access it again. I get this error http://imgur.com/zXyfxXX and that's it. However, I can go to someone else's computer and log into my profile on CommitCRM, but nobody can use CommitCRM on my User profile on my computer. So, we thought it was a profile issue and deleted my user profile on my computer which was BCarter, we added BCarter.Companyname and still have the same problem. Nobody can open CommitCRM on my profile.

Has anyone come across this at all? Any ideas what so ever?

Support Team
November 17th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Thank you for posting this.

It seems to be related to the privileges.

On your computer, please navigate to the network share on your server - <server>\RangerMSP\Client folder, right click RangerMSP.exe and select the 'Run as Administrator' option and see if that helps.

If the above will not help, please try to re-apply access rights and all privileges to the entire RangerMSP folder tree including all sub folders and files in order for all users to have full access rights to all files.

Hope this helps.

bcart01v
November 17th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Well I have it set to run as administrator already, but I did go in and check and I have full privilege, I removed it and gave access to it again just in case but no luck, still the same error message.

bcart01v
November 17th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Also, off topic; A few of our employees just bought new Dell Laptops with Windows 10, office 365 and we use Outlook 16. Whenever they click on Email button on CommitCRM, CommitCRM just crashes with no info what so ever. I tried setting their default email clients to Mail, then back to Outlook and still no luck. Any ideas on this as well?

Support Team
November 17th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Does RangerMSP work properly when logging in with your RangerMSP user on another machine?

You can email us the log files by zipping RangerMSP\Logs folder, hopefully we will see more details there.

As for the issue with sending Email - such crashes indeed could be caused by of a recent Windows and Office 2016 updates. Please send an email to support@ and we will send you the patch that bypasses the problematic configuration.

bcart01v
November 17th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Yes, I can log into my CommitCRM profile in any other computer/profile except my own.

I'll zip these files up and send them to ya shortly.

Support Team
November 18th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Log files were received and analyzed. As we also replied by email it is possible that the issue is related to data corruption of some sort and that rebuilding indexes may help (the instructions provided by email).
Another possible reason is a network connection failure on the particular computer. Our suggestion is to check the network cable, verify that the network adapter driver is up-to-date and also verify that wireless connection is this configuration is not being used.

Please keep us posted.