PDA

View Full Version : additional Info in Quotes

KarinC
October 21st, 2016, 12:33 AM
I need my 'Item - Priced By' information to appear on quotes. Is there a way to do this?

Support Team
October 21st, 2016, 06:06 AM
Thank you for posting this.

For Quote line with hourly based item there should be already a label that shows 'hrs.'

In order to add this field in the custom quote, while in the Report Designer, select 'SubReport' at the bottom and add field 'Quotes Lines - Number of Hours Page'.

Hope this helps.

KarinC
October 25th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Hi
Thanks, I have tried that but it doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. I need it to display the unit of measure (which I think is populated in the items - priced by) so it could be hrs or each etc.

Can I do that?

Thanks

Support Team
October 25th, 2016, 06:08 AM
​In general the item ​price can be set by Units or by Hours. For unit-based items there are no specific measure units, therefore the word 'Unit/s' is not printed as part of the quote, while the 'hrs.' is printed for hourly-based items so you can easily tell which lines are for time billing and which are not.

Hope this helps.

KarinC
October 26th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Ok Thanks :)

KarinC
November 4th, 2016, 02:49 AM
HI

I am trying to view the items linked in quick books but the link ha sfallen over and I get the following error:
"Error connecting the specified company data file
"message received form quickbooks
"error code 0080040308
"cannot create qbxmlrp2.com component

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Support Team
November 4th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Based on this message we suspect that QuickBooks is not locally installed on the same machine that runs RangerMSP client.

The QBXMlRP2 mentioned in the message is a COM component/object that is a part of the integration layer/API offered by QuickBooks and it is a required component for RangerMSP to be able to access and connect to QuickBooks. This is why QuickBooks should be installed on each PC where you want to use the link between RangerMSP and QuickBooks.

Once QuickBooks will be installed on the PC and you will be able to open the shared company file in QuickBooks on this PC, the link from RangerMSP should also work.

In case QB is already installed on this machine it is most likely that its API components weren’t installed correctly or that the logged in user does not have enough privileges to activate and access these components. If this is the case they please try using a user with higher privileges, or reinstall QuickBooks ‘As Administrator’ to verify that all necessary components are actually installed.

Hope this helps.

KarinC
November 4th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Not to worry I have realised why we cant connect. My CommitCRM instance was not opened on the same PC as quickbooks.

Thanks