PDA

View Full Version : Set default to GoCardless (Direct Debit) when sending to Quickbooks Online

ak47uk
October 6th, 2016, 03:06 AM
I am now using the GoCardless app in Quickbooks online, when I log in to QBO and browse to a customer who is set up for GoCardless I set their payment method to direct debit but when sending invoices from CommitCRM to QBO the invoice always defaults to "Let customer make payment". This makes it confusing as I have to remember which customers are set up for direct debit and manually chanmge this on their invoices.

Is there any way that payment methods can be set in CommitCRM so when the invoice is created it selects the relevant payment method? If not, can you explain how invoices are created by CommitCRM as I will approach Intuit to see if I can set the default payment method from their end. I wasn't sure if CommitCRM would override any such default settings on the Quickbooks end if the invoices are created by the CRM software.

Thanks

ak47uk
October 6th, 2016, 03:14 AM
I just spoke to Intuit and they say there is currently no way to set GoCardless as the defualt payment method so this is a QBO limitation rather than CommitCRM. There are no plans to add it but they will bring it to the attention of their developers.

Support Team
October 6th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Thank you for sharing the details.