PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM says it isn't connected to QBO

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 02:40 AM
A problem started yesterday, when trying to sync an account to QBO I was told CommitCRM needs to be connected even though in the settings I can see it is connected to my QBO company and on QBO CommitCRM is listed on the Apps page.

I clicked connect, the sign in page appears, enter my details and sign in but it doesn't get any further. How do I fix this? I didn't want to revoke access from QBO and disconnect from CommitCRM in case when I reconnected any links between CommitCRM and QBO data were broken.

Thanks

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Thank you for posting this.

It seems that RangerMSP was disconnected/removed from QuickBooks Online and re-authorization did not succeed.

You should re-establish the connection between the applications. Although all links between RangerMSP and QuickBooks Online will be preserved when reconnecting to exactly the same QuickBooks Online company, please take a backup of RangerMSP and then perform the following:

1. Restart RangerMSP

2. Go to Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab and click Disconnect button.

2. Restart RangerMSP again and under Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab click Connect to QuickBooks button and follow the wizard to connect to QuickBooks Online.

Once the connection is established you should be able to sync an Account to QuickBooks Online. .

Hope this help. Please keep us posted.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Hi, I have followed your steps and when clicking connect the QBO pop-up loads and I sign in but once I click the "Sign in" button it changes to "Signing in..." and doesn't get any further.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 05:32 AM
If I sign in using incorrect credentials then it gives me an error so I know the credentials are correct, it is as if it is waiting for a response. Should I log in to QBO and disconnect CommitCRM from there too? Would this still preserve my links?

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 05:54 AM
It sounds like no response from QuickBooks Online.

Please log in to QuickBooks Online and remove RangerMSP from - the links will be preserved as they are saved on RangerMSP side.

Then restart RangerMSP and try to connect again.

Restarting computer and disabling anti-virus may also help.

Please keep us posted.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Oddly enough I just logged into QBO and the CommitCRM section has disappeared from Apps. I then restarted CommitCRM and tried again, it still hangs. I have contacted QBO support and they say there is no problem with their API and I cleared all of my browser caches, disabled my firewall, tried again and still it hangs.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 06:49 AM
I think I have found the problem, sort of...

When I click connect CommitCRM opens it's own pop-up window which seems to use Internet Explorer. I right-clicked the page, Properties, copied the full URL (https://appcenter.intuit.com/Connect/Begin?oauth_token=*REMOVED*) and entered it into Google Chrome, signed in and it correctly went to the next page where I authorised it. I then checked QBO and CommitCRM is listed in authorised Apps.

However CommitCRM doesn't think it is linked and asks me to link it which of course doesn't work. I have already cleared the IE cache, restarted CommitCRM etc. Is there any way for me to change the web browser CommitCRM launches to make this connection?

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Thank you for the update. You'll need to remove it from QBO and follow the process from within RangerMSP, that does use IE. Maybe try connecting from another PC and see if that works.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 07:03 AM
I have already tried 2 computers and my server, the two computers behave the same and the server loads the authorization page but the login fields are missing.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 07:06 AM
If I copy the URL from the authorization page, load IE and then go to the page the same happens (hangs at signing in) so it appears to be an IE issue but it is affecting all my computers here even after I clear all IE data, reboot etc.

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 07:15 AM
The URL cannot be copied. The process is tied and is two-way so only the Window that opens from RangerMSP directly should be used for the hand shake to complete.
Maybe something has changed with QBO in that process, despite the support rep does not know about it. I'd recommend that you try again in a few hours, hopefully from another PC, maybe one that has a slightly different version of IE. Then please post back with a status update and we'll see where to take it from there.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 08:10 AM
I just formatted a different laptop, installed Windows 7 (I have Windows 10 on the other two I had tried) and still it is the same issue so are your dev team able to speak to Quickbooks to work out what has happened? As it stands I can't put through invoices so it is qute a big problem.

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Thank you for the update. As you understand this is beyond our control, but we will definitely review whether there's any type of input we can contribute to QB for them to review it. At this time our recommendation is to try later today or tomorrow and see if the issue has been resolved.

ak47uk
September 29th, 2016, 01:41 PM
FYI, it was due to QBO two-factor authentication. I had to launch IE, go to https://appcenter.intuit.com/Connect and sign in, enter the two-factor authentication, then link CommitCRM and it went straight through. It seems CommitCRM hasn't been programmed to handle a request for this authentication.

Support Team
September 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Thank you for the update and providing the solution!

We will review the authentication requirements based on the information you provided.