PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone SDK

brills
March 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Apple has announced a new SDK for developers. We have used Microsoft SmartPhones for the past three years, but the browser on a SmartPhone leaves a lot to be desired.

Now that Apple has licensed Activesync from Microsoft, we may consider iPhone for our clients, techs etc.

It would be fantastics to see a CommitCRM mobile phone module based on this new open platform.

novacomputersolutions
March 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I would second that. I'd love to see tighter integration between CommitCRM and data syncs with smartphones.

Support Team
March 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the innovative ideas and feedback. You may be interested to know that in one of our next releases we plan to enhance the web interface for PDAs so it will be optimized and will allow easier browsing and updating of data when using a PDA. I believe this will also allow working from various phones, such as iPhone. As for using the direct iPhone API, we will look into that. Thanks.

Doron

peterk
January 22nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
Any developments in the pipeline as yet for the iphone ??

FunctionOne
January 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Doron,

Some other platforms have simply opened up their API and allowed a third-party (often someone in the very user-community) to develop the iPhone specific solution.

Anyone out there capable and willing to pick up the mantle? I know there are folks on these forums willing to pay for it :)

Support Team
January 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
There is an API for the RangerMSP system. In case anyone wants to develop the iPhone link, we'll be happy to provide the APIs and relevant guidance.

Sherry

dytechs
November 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I just purchased the Droid and would love the API so I can create the app for this phone for our company.

Support Team
November 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

You can find the requested information for the RangerMSP API in the following links.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

API Developers Guide

API Code Samples

API Reference Guide

Regards,

Reno Breen

GeoOp from SaaSilia
April 27th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Hi All,

We have just released a fully integrated GeoOp using the CommitCRM API. Geoop is a dispatch and mobile workforce management system which can run online, mobile browser or through the GeoOp iPhone app.

See this forum thread.

jim@dsolutionsgroup.com
April 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Another option for realtime access to CommitCRM data via iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices as well as full PC browser without the need to push data to an offsite server.

See this forum

HavenZone
June 6th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Just found this... so the request for ActiveSync goes back 8 years? That makes me think there is no hope for this ever being done... We are using WhenIWork.com for dispatching at this point as we can't trust CommitCRM to update users calendars.

Support Team
June 6th, 2016, 11:11 AM
As mentioned in the other thread you just posted to and we replied, this is a huge change and we've been considering it, especially over recent months where demand has somewhat increased. However, at this time we cannot say when or if a direct Exchange sync option will be be available. For what it worth, we also consider alternatives and new ways that will make things easier than to sync everyone calendars directly with Outlook (e.g. the existing Sync to Others feature that syncs everyone's calendar though Outlook). Thanks.