PDA

View Full Version : New upgrade | Touch for people with vision issues

nattivillin
September 6th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I like the new features, don't like the visual appeal (or lack thereof). We have received many complaints from our "older" techs with vision issues.

It looks similar to what Microsoft did for office 2016 with color choices, Dark grey or light grey, neither of which looks very nice (IMO.)

Any way to get this interface more color?

Support Team
September 7th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately there is no way to change this. The new design follows current interface look does have similarities with Office 2016, Windows 10 and plenty of other packages and software apps. Having said that, this feedback is clear and will be taken into consideration. Thank you.

nattivillin
September 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I have taken more complaints in the past 48 hours from staffers who cant see some fields.

This has to be fixed. I need them to do their jobs, and if someone files an age discrimination complaint, i'm in trouble. We cant roll out things that don't work for people with vision issues. I think it is a protected class.

I can only image how they feel trying to do their job without being able to see what they are doing. I don't like the look, but at-least i can see it.

klannom
September 10th, 2016, 08:42 AM
I agree...the lack of visual stimulation is horrible. We are having issues with timers...no one can tell if they are started or stopped...having to adjust times as the techs are forgetting to stop timers as there is no Yellow icon any more. Just because everyone else is changing their interfaces does not mean it is a good thing. I for one would like the option to choose or to see the old icons back...they were so easy to find and distinguish...now they all just run together.

Support Team
September 12th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Thank you for your feedback. Noted. In regards to the timer icons - we would definitely change it so it will be clearer which timer is currently running.

nattivillin
September 13th, 2016, 08:01 PM
If you are going to fix the timer, why not fix it all?

(-_-)