PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM dont create PDFs proberly.

itognet
September 6th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Hi Commit,

When exporting a PDF from CommitCRM, then CommitCRM does NOT include the used fonts in the PDF. Sadly.

The result of this is that when the PDF is opened on another device which doesnt have the used fonts installed, then the PDF will show very very different, because it will use substituted fonts.

I have done some testing, and if I open the PDF in Adobe Illustator and just save it again (default is include the used fonts in PDF) - then the PDF will open perfectly on other devices.

So my question here is, how do I get CommitCRM to include used fonts when exporting PDFs?

Thank you.

Support Team
September 6th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Thank you for asking. RangerMSP does not embed fonts in the PDF though normally it uses and offer to use standard fonts that are common on different devices. This might even be the first time we hear about such a requirement.

In any case, what you asked for is clear and we will definitely consider it for a future release. Thank for asking.

itognet
September 6th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Most PDF generating software does include the fonts or have the option for doing so.

I find it strange that you allow selecting about 100 fonts in the report designer, but only a few of them is standard fonts on different devices. So this can only go wrong, right.

Calibri, Calibri Bold and Tahoma is used in the PDF. - Are these fonts standard fonts?

Can you write a list of fonts that are safe to use please.

Support Team
September 6th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Thank you for your reply. Your feedback is very clear and as mentioned it will be considered. thanks for asking.