PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade risks.

Christina
September 6th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Hi, I am trying to upgrade CommitCRM 8.0.0.4 to version 12 & want to know if this will affect our network or require any down-time. Have current 8.0 version running off a network shared folder with users accessing it through a shortcut from the "Client" folder. Currently in terms of licenses we have:
1. 42 active employee licenses
2. CommitCRM- Outlook Sync
3. CommitCRM- Quickbooks Link
4. CommitCRM Alerts Server
5. CommitCRM Web interface for employees
6. CommitCRM Web interface for customers
7. CommitCRM SQL Database

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Support Team
September 6th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Upgrading RangerMSP requires closing all running RangerMSP Windows clients and ideally also close all RangerMSP... services installed on your server. The upgrade duration may vary from 10-30 minutes depending on the database size. Running the upgrade directly on the server itself will work faster than running from the shared folder on the server.

The upgrade program to RangerMSP 12 will take you directly from version 8.0.0.4 to version 12.

Enjoy!

nattivillin
September 6th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Wow, 42 active licenses. We only have 8!

Christina
September 6th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Thanks support for your help :-)
Yes nattivillin, we have around that number of employees and we all use this software :-)

Christina
September 6th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Hi support, before I proceed, will installing version 12 carry forward all data (tickets/contracts, etc) from the previous version with it? I need all data from our current version to be readily available after the upgrade so as to minimize loss of information hence service with our customers.

Support Team
September 6th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Yes, all data, settings and customizations will be preserved when you upgrade to version 12.

Hope this helps!

Christina
September 6th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Noted, glad to hear that! Once again, thanks support!