PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM Web URL

samrobert
July 10th, 2016, 09:08 PM
This one is for Support to answer and in case any one has some better ideas or if someone has been able to use IE URL Rewrite module to change the CommitCRM Web URL.

For reasons that have been discussed earlier on this forum as well as a few others, I don't want CommitCRM to be be displayed anywhere in the web interface. While I understand the logic behind all the credits like "Powered by CommitCRM" etc etc, the clientele we all work with are not Computer Service Providers and will probably not become CommitCRM customers.

While, with the help of documentation and CommitCRM support, I have been able to remove all credits from E-Mail and the Customer facing web interface, I am unable to do so with the URL. The URL in question is http://sub.domain.com/CommitCRM/CommitCRM.dll/ - While I may be able to (so far haven't) use the IE URL Rewrite Module to remove the first path or rename it to something else, the second part CommitCRM.dll is becoming the problem as that is actually the DLL file running the web interface pretty much. For some locations, it's an absolute URL whereas for others the CommitCRM.dll is actually taking parameters e.g. CommitCRM.dll?<parameters> because of which I can't rewrite the URL, at least so far.

Question for support now is that can I safely rename the CommitCRM.dll file present in the root of the WebInterface folder or is it hard coded in the code to the point that it might break something? Also, are there any plans in the future to either rename this dll or at least make the web URL where it does not display CommitCRM?

Welcome to any other ideas as well. Thanks.

stephan
July 11th, 2016, 05:05 AM
i can only agree that white labelling of the product as our own is essential.

Support Team
July 11th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Thank you for posting this.

The Web interface can be white-labeled for customers and the RangerMSP branding can be removed from the customer portal. However, the URL does include a reference to the dll and this is indeed hard coded.

You may be able to use a URL-Rewrite Module to change the Web Interface URL.
You can also have a look in another post discussing it.