PDA

View Full Version : Move asset with tickets

nattivillin
June 14th, 2016, 03:24 PM
We use HaaS for many of our switches, routers, NAS's, etc. As we move things from client to client, we run into this "cant move assets with linked tickets".

What is the fastest way to fix this?

nattivillin
June 14th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Wait, but there's more! We go into history for this particular asset and no tickets. We look under tickets and there are no tickets.

What gives?

Support Team
June 15th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Thank you for posting this.

It is correct, the asset can be moved to another account as long as it has no tickets linked to it. I suspect that in your case the Tickets tab under Assets is filtered to show only open Tickets or ones of a specific Ticket manager and therefore you do not immediately see the tickets that exist for this Asset. Another option may be lack of permissions to view other employees tickets - in case tickets were assigned to other employees and the current user do not have permissions to see them - it might look as if the Asset has no tickets, while it has ones that aren't displayed due to an access right restriction.

Hope this helps

nattivillin
June 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Is there a way to quickly move all tickets from an asset

nattivillin
June 15th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I looked at the filtering. Set on all employees and all types. Still no history.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45775353/Images/BBK-FW-TICKETS.JPG

Support Team
June 16th, 2016, 06:02 AM
From the screenshot it seems that there are Sub-Assets for the Asset you want to move to another Account, I mention this because the Sub-Assets tab is bold.
Most probably there are tickets under these sub-assets.

We believe that after removing the link between sub-assets and the parent asset, you should be able to change asset account. You can use 'Unlink' button under Sub-Assets tab.

As for moving all tickets from an asset - currently this should be done one ticket at time.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
June 18th, 2016, 09:25 PM
There was a sub asset with history. I didn't look there, thank you.