PDA

View Full Version : Subcontractor - Assign Ticket only

pops1000uk
May 25th, 2016, 01:35 PM
How do I just assign a ticket only to a subcontractor. I dont want them to view the account?

OR How do you all allow subcontractors to access?

nattivillin
June 1st, 2016, 06:17 PM
Subcontractor access is a very manual feature. When you assign someone that role, you have to go in and MANUALLY assign clients to them (every time). They cant see any clients except the ones you assign to them. This makes the role very hard to manage.

I asked for the sub role/management to be automated. Someone with full access should be able to assign a ticket to a sub, and then said sub can see (most) of what is in the account. Then the access would cease after the ticket is closed.

In essence, subs can only see accounts while they have open tickets assigned to them.

I can dream i guess.....

Support Team
June 2nd, 2016, 06:06 AM
When it comes to given access to subcontractors you are indeed require to manually grant access for the subcontractor to be able to manage tickets assigned for them for that customer. It is designed like this on purpose so no access is provided by accident, everything should be granted intentionally. The idea to automatically provide access for subcontractors when they are assigned for tickets will streamline this process, however, it is more prone to error as assigning a ticket to someone is very easy, including to subcontractors. In any case, thanks for sharing your thoughts here, we will have them logged and will spend some time thinking how we may improve this without making it too-easy to grant access to subcontractors.

nattivillin
June 5th, 2016, 12:45 AM
I agree the more manual it is, the less likely someone makes a mistake. Also the more manual, the less useful the feature is. I generally prefer safety over speed, but when it takes too long to do something simple, it kills efficiency.