PDA

View Full Version : Sending new quotes created document folder pop-up

nattivillin
January 14th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Each new quote we send for a new customer asks us to create a document folder.

Can this be done automatically with no user intervention required?

Support Team
January 14th, 2016, 02:47 PM
The default documents folder of an Account is not related to Quotes only but rather to any kind of document that will later be stored under this account.

You can define the way the system will store documents and files for accounts including have the system automatically create the folder for you. I suspect that your settings are to have the system ask you for this. Please visit Tools > Options > Documents tab and select your preferences (restart all clients to have the settings apply immediately).

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
January 14th, 2016, 07:33 PM
I thought it was set to auto already. Under Tools > Options > Documents tab> I don't see a setting that says auto. What option should I choose?

Support Team
January 15th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Under the 'Documents' options tab you'll find a 'Folder Settings' box (bottom left), select the option in the middle - together with the field you want to folder name to be based on (RECID, Account# or Account Name).

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
January 15th, 2016, 06:44 AM
It is set to account name.

Support Team
January 15th, 2016, 07:05 AM
OK, thanks. I'm sorry but I mislead you here. I was referring to standard folders for customer accounts, not related to the Quotes feature. Unfortunately there isn't a way to prevent the system from asking you where to save (for new customers). Note taken. Thanks for asking.