PDA

View Full Version : Assign a todo to a user

lpopejoy
November 2nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
It would be very nice to be able to assign a todo to a user - and date it.

...and then be able to see all the "todo's" that are assigned to ME - with their due dates!

Support Team
November 2nd, 2015, 11:50 AM
To-dos were not meant to replace Tasks (that has just that! - you can both assign a Task to a user as well as set a Due Date for it), but we can see how this may be useful in some cases. Thanks for asking.

lpopejoy
November 2nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
I know that... BUT, you unfortunately made a new feature that is way easier to use than tasks. :) So, good or bad, it just replaced tasks for me.

Support Team
November 2nd, 2015, 12:14 PM
For what it worth, the Tasks feature offers many more options, for example you can sync them with Outlook Tasks, etc. But in any case, your feedback is clear. Thanks!

lpopejoy
November 21st, 2015, 09:23 AM
You know, I hear what you are saying - "tasks" have some great features. I'm just wondering if a marriage of sorts between tasks & todo's would be possible. The problem is that their functionality overlaps - so it's hard to know which one to use. ...and regardless which way you go, you trade features of the other.

You see what I'm saying? When there is a complex project, it needs to have pieces assigned to different people - but due to the # of steps, I do not want to manage this with tasks - too many clicks. Todo's are so nice because you can just click, type, and save.

The problems with todos:
1 - no way to assign to a specific user
2 - No way to go to one place and see what my pending todos are (because of item #1) (this actually isn't very easy even with tasks)
3 - No date assignments

I know you are going to say, "that's what tasks are for" - and I get that. If Tasks were as easy to use as todo's, then I would gladly use them!

Anyway, to be fair, I didn't even know we needed "todo lists" until you added them, but now that we have them, I really want to leverage them better!

lpopejoy
November 21st, 2015, 09:28 AM
Maybe to create a better discussion, what I'm trying to do is use "todos" to map out a process. From the quote to service delivery. Assign this to a contract - so that we can do a consistent job with how we manage projects.

I'm trying to create a workflow so that all responsible parties can easily manage their part of the project. Maybe a "lite" version of http://processplan.com/.

Support Team
November 23rd, 2015, 06:08 AM
Thank you for your feedback and reference. It will be considered.