PDA

View Full Version : predefined text date stamp

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Can we put a date stamp in for predefined texts?

We like to use the notes section, but it doesn't record who typed what. A date stamp would be helpful.

Support Team
August 11th, 2015, 09:28 AM
To track and manage time stamp notes use History Notes. Each is an unlimited text for the note description and it also log who created it, its type, etc. It is exactly how History Notes are meant to be used.

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 09:59 AM
When looking at the ticket, I don't see a history note tab. How do we get to them?

Support Team
August 11th, 2015, 10:03 AM
It is listed both on the Ticket Preview tab and the Ticket Resolution/History tab.

History Notes can be added from both of these tabs as well as from the 'More Actions' dropdown on the Tickets Window toolbar.

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 10:13 AM
It it was a snake I would be bitten. I still cant find it on the history note tab. Can you show me a screen shot?

I used the ticket preview to add a history note. Where did it go? it isn't under notes.

How come notes are in 2 places now? Seems less confusing if there is only 1 notes section. I can see it now:

Person1) I put the new IP address in the notes
Person2) I looked in notes and i didn't see it
Person1) It is in the other notes
Person2) What other notes?
Customer) So my new project isn't complete because you couldn't find the note?!?!?!

Support Team
August 11th, 2015, 10:17 AM
You have the complete freedom to control which tabs are displayed and which aren't. Use the 'Tabs' dropdown on the right side just above the tabs in order to either temporary display a tab or to enter the management window where you can fully cusotmize the default tabs to display and their order.

You may need to hit the 'Refresh' button in order to refresh the notes list of a specific ticket that you are currently watching in case someone else logged a note at the very same time.

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 10:43 AM
That doesn't help me find what you say is there. I looked at the tab options and I don't see structured notes as an option.

I closet CommitCRM and reopened and there is still nothing under notes.

Support Team
August 11th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Do not look for Structured Notes, this is something else entirely.

The feature is History Notes.

And the tabs that lists them for Tickets are: Preview and Resolution/History.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 11:16 AM
How do I add a history note from the history tab?

Support Team
August 11th, 2015, 11:25 AM
There are many options to achieve this.

From the Resolution/History tab click the 'New' button (bottom right of the tab).

From the Preview tab - hit the New History Note link (top right of the tab).

Also, you can use the Tickets Window toolbar, click More Actions and select to add a New History Note.

nattivillin
August 11th, 2015, 11:44 AM
I see the new button. I can use this, thanks!

It is hiding quite nicely next to (all employees) i didn't think to look there.

I still think history notes should be listed under notes. All notes should be able to show up under notes, since the top of the tab says notes.

Maybe I am in the minority on this.