PDA

View Full Version : V9 web interface pretty link

nattivillin
July 20th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Is there a way to not show the internal folders in the url? /CommitCRM.dll/files/

There is little point in removing powered by commit once they login if the url has commit all over it.

Support Team
July 20th, 2015, 09:55 AM
You can create a nice redirect like asking customers to go to support.YourCompany.com and have that subdomains redirect automatically to the full URL. The final destination URL cannot be modified. Hope this helps.

nattivillin
July 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
So the url will always have commit crm all over it?

You don't think that makes our portal a target? Hackers can immediately know what platform we are using and exploit any known or unknown holes on everyone who uses it.

Support Team
July 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
That's one of the easiest things for a hacker to discover anyhow!

nattivillin
July 20th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Not before they login. Unless you reveal some other info in the landing page source code.

lpopejoy
July 20th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Utilize Url rewriting to remove commitcrm.dll.

http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module

nattivillin
July 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks!

nattivillin
July 20th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Ok Luke, did you create a rule you can share? :D

I wouldn't know where to start making a rule that looks like ([_0-9a-z-]+)/([0-9]+) that actually works.

lpopejoy
July 21st, 2015, 06:40 AM
No. I'm going to make one though. If you beat me to it, you can share to save me the trouble. :)

nattivillin
July 22nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
I am going to put it on our to do list. I have someone on staff who is good at things like this.

Now that our v9 web interface is actually working we can focus on making the url prettier.