PDA

View Full Version : Non-employees/Vendors send email to Ticket

Support Team
April 9th, 2015, 05:59 AM
RangerMSP User Question*

Can I clarify if non-employees (say vendors) can also have their emails filed into the RangerMSP system when their email address is registered as a 'contact' in one of the Account?

Say I create our own company account and load in a bunch of contacts for free lancers we use from time to time.

Then when these free lancers respond to a ticket (Cc the RangerMSP public email address) with the ticket number on the subject, considering that they aren't employees, can their email responses be logged into the ticket as a history and email?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

Support Team
April 9th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Answer

Yes, emails sent by such contacts/freelancers will be saved under Ticket history if there is Ticket number on the subject, otherwise new Ticket will be created - note that the email addresses of such contacts/freelancer's must be stored in RangerMSP under their Contact/Account records.

Please note that unlike with employee replies, that are forwarded to both external (i.e. customer) and internal (i.e. employees) Ticket recipients, non-employee replies are distributed only to internal recipients, i.e. to Employees.

Hope this helps.