PDA

View Full Version : Import a tax table

awicks
March 4th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I get a download from the state quarterly with all updated tax rates (.xls or .csv).
Is there a way to import this into CommitCRM?
Is there an automatic integration I do not know about?

Thanks you.

Support Team
March 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately no :( That's interesting though, we'll look at it. Thanks for asking.

awicks
March 4th, 2015, 01:31 PM
If having an example of the file would help, I'd be happy to send one.
Just let me know.
Thanks.

Support Team
March 4th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Sure, why not. Please email it to support@... Thanks.

awicks
March 5th, 2015, 07:05 AM
There are 870 tax jurisdictions for Kansas.
I was having Macro Express load them from a spreadsheet since there is no import.
After the 250th one, CommitCRM says it cannot save the record.
Is there a limit of 250 tax table entries?
Thank you.

Support Team
March 5th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Yes, that's the current limit. Will you invoice with QuickBooks? If so, tax settings in RangerMSP are completely ignored and only the ones set in QuickBooks are applied to customers/items. So maybe you do not require to log all these tax jurisdictions into RangerMSP and having them in QuickBooks be sufficient. In any case, we'll be taking a not of this. Thanks!

awicks
March 5th, 2015, 08:08 AM
We will not be using QuickBooks; we have an ERP system for billing. CommitCRM will be the tool to facilitate us receiving a consumer's item, repairing it, and sending it back. About 95% of the entries will be under warranty, and will have no charges. If it is non-warranty, and the consumer is in Kansas, I'll need to collect tax. Looking in my current system, I have 144 non-warranty Kansas entries. BUT- I would sure like to just import/load the tax table file that I download from the state. Then I can run a comparison of the current table to the one that goes into effect April 1, and I'll see that 52 will need to be updated. (I have already run the comparison.)
CommitCRM allows a three character code, so it would support 999 entries...

Thank you.

Support Team
March 5th, 2015, 08:21 AM
In case your ERP system knows how to apply taxes to customers/items based on the customer or item ID then maybe you, again, won't need that in RangerMSP. In any case, you point is clear, thanks.