PDA

View Full Version : need Received Date

awicks
March 4th, 2015, 12:49 PM
In our process, we use a Received date to show when the product was received at the service center for repair. Our tickets are not scheduled and so we do not need a Due Date. I could use the field Due Date for my purpose, but I would want to turn off any Notices or color changes associated with the Due Date being past. In other words, I would want to turn off any events linked to Due Date, it is just informational for me.

How can I either create a new field for Received date, or re-purpose Due Date (sans events)?

Thanks.

Support Team
March 4th, 2015, 12:56 PM
It seems like the Ticket Open date, that defaults to 'now' as of the time you open the ticket may be a good fit, unless you need it for other purposes and need a separate between the Open Date and Received Date.

The Due Date can also be used for that purposes, but its core purpose of being a Due Date cannot be changed. It is also tied to SLA.

In case you cannot use the Open Date you should probably consider adding a new Custom Field of the date type and use that for Received Date. Click to learn more about custom fields