PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM - Netgear ReadyShare USB Drive

Compbck
February 12th, 2015, 07:02 AM
My CommitCRM database has been previously located on an external USB drive connected to a Windows 8.1 computer in a Workgroup, and has been working correctly.

For reasons of flexibility, I have now moved the external USB drive and connected it directly to a Netgear Router via its Readyshare USB connection.

Although I have been able to create mapped network shares to various folders on the drive in its new location, whenever I attempt to load CommitCRM over this new link I constantly receive the following message: The program can't start because ACE32.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this issue.

Support Team
February 12th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Please verify that the shortcut path is:

<network-drive>/.../RangerMSP/Client/RangerMSP.exe.

(There are other RangerMSP.exe files under the folder tree and you should try the above).

In case it does not help - try running it again from the USB connected directly to a PC - verify that you run the very same file above.

Hope this helps.

Compbck
February 12th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Despite using the required network path, the program continues to fail to open displaying the same error message. I have therefore been forced to connect it to an office computer in order to access the database.

Support Team
February 12th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Yes, we understand but we suspect that maybe the wrong executable has been launched. Anyway, as you know, with your configuration RangerMSP is not really installed but rather runs from a folder on a USB drive. Also, when connected to the router maybe there's a permission issue of some sort that prevents it from working, as long as it has full access and the correct executable is used it should be fine, though we cannot tell how your router implements USB sharing.