PDA

View Full Version : Customer emails not generating ticket

Maxxtech
January 30th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I have checked the troubleshooting guide for the Outlook Connector. I am getting tickets generated by GFI, but not from emails. I see the new emails hitting the mailbox, I also checked DEP settings. Everything looks good. The email connector configuration check is all green. I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2013 32 BIT. Any help is appreciated.

Support Team
January 30th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Please verify that 'RangerMSP Server' service is up-n-running. This service is the one responsible for fetching incoming emails from customers and converting them into service tickets.

A few things to note are:
The sender's email address (or domain) need to be found in RangerMSP Accounts and Contacts database or else the email will get forwarded to the email address that you specified for manual processing.

Verify that only the email connector fetches email messages from the mailbox you configured it with and that no email client or app fetches, and therefore hijacks such email messages (and then the email connector will have nothing to do).

Click for the Email Connector setup guide.

Please also click to read more about the understanding how the Email Connector works.
Hope this helps.

Maxxtech
January 30th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Got it , I thought the CommitCRM Server and the RMM server was the same service. Thanks