PDA

View Full Version : "Filtered Tabs" Ticket UI feature request

lpopejoy
December 1st, 2014, 09:59 PM
It would be a huge help to be able to create tabs in addition to the "Inbox" tab in the Tickets window. I'm imagining a scenario where you could create a filter, save it, then create a new tab and assign a filter to a tab.

I'm constantly switching to our "IT Help Desk" user - the user that all new tickets get assigned to. That's several clicks each time. (Click "Select All" employees, uncheck who I don't want, click OK). Then reverse the process when I'm done. It would be SO smooth to just hit a tab that is already filtered with the tickets I want to see.

I know I could apply a filter to an existing list, but that, again, requires multiple clicks. It takes too long to be very streamlined. I've suggested making the saved filter list a simple drop down instead of a " click, select the filter, then OK" process.

You add 3 clicks to enough simple processes, and that adds up to thousands of extra clicks and extra seconds across the organization. I feel like Commit Dev team needs to keep stepping outside the Dev box and look at UI's the way USERS use the software. There's been some progress - it just needs to continue!

Support Team
December 2nd, 2014, 06:05 AM
Feedback noted. Have you tried using more than one Tickets Window? You can open many (right click above the 'Tickets' icon in the left side pane and select the 'New Window...' option). Then, you can use each such Tickets Window for a different purpose, filter it differently, view a different Tab (like Inbox), etc.? If not, give it a try, it is available now :-)

lpopejoy
December 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
You know, I've never actually thought about that.

Biggest disadvantage is that it is you can't tell from the "open windows" list what the window actually is - so you have to click through them.

I think this is a great short term solution though - and thanks for mentioning it!

I still like my idea though. :)