PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Description

Damyanti
February 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Can CommitCRM reflect the Ticket Number and Ticket Description on the Quickbooks Invoice? and How?

Support Team
February 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Each Invoice line contains the Charge Description. You can manually add the Ticket # to each invoice line from the Invoice Creation Wizard. Click the "Incl. in Description" menu and select to add the Ticket # (you can also add the Date, Employee and Contract to each line). Note that the Ticket description cannot be added, as it can be very long (it's free text).

You may also set the system to automatically add the Ticket Number (and other fields) to all of the the invoices lines by going to Tools > Options > QuickBooks and check the "Ticket #" checkbox in the Invoice Line Content section.

HTH

Eitan

Aveyotech
February 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Would it be possible to add this feature as a consideration for future releases? It would be very handy given that the charge or resolution may very considerably from the initial reason for opening the ticket.

I spend numerous hours each month at billing time going between Quickbooks and CommitCRM for this very issue. Please consider adding this ability even if it is limited to only a few hundred characters of the description. That would be better than nothing.

Support Team
February 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
just posted an answer for this on this forum thread.

FunctionOne
February 6th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Interesting - our invoices show date/ technican /ticket # / charge description on each line by default.

Aveyotech
February 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM
FunctionOne

Interesting - our invoices show date/ technican /ticket # / charge description on each line by default.

You are correct FunctionOne. We too have the Date, Ticket #, and Charge description. We are looking for the Ticket Description as well as added formatting functionality. Options like Asset #, Spaces, Ticket Description would be welcomed enhancements.

emedina
February 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Ayeyotech - You are right on. I too would like the formatting functionality you have mentioned here and on your other thread. I spend too much time having to add or change information that simply should be added to the invoice. I hope CommitCRM listens and makes the changes in the next release.

stsanford
February 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I have to agree, I was asking for a "Templating" feature not too long ago.Would make great sense to allow us users to pick which data are transmitted to QuickBooks. Thought it may make sense to control how things show up on the Outlook Calendar as well.

Just my $.02

Support Team
February 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Feedback noted, thank you.

Neta

lpopejoy
February 17th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I have just created a report that I mail with the invoice that shows each ticket #, resolution, and description. I then include the ticket # on the QB invoice for a cross-reference. This has advantages and disadvantages. It does create a cleaner looking invoice, but it also requires more work!