PDA

View Full Version : Outlook to CommitCRM Sync Issues

brills
February 11th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hello All,

In using the CommitCRM calendar/scheduler to Outlook module, it works perfectly...except if those appointments get updated via Outlook or a Mobile phone syncing back to Exchange.

For example, you have a scheduled appointment at 9 a.m., the client calls the tech in the field and re-schedules for later in the day or even another day, the tech adjusts the appointment on their mobile phone which instantly syncs back to the Exchange server. Upon arriving in the office and performing a Commit/Outlook sync, CommitCRM errors then allows a slow sync. After the slow sync completes the respective Commit/Outlook appointment is not updated requiring deletion of the previous scheduled appointment in CommitCRM and then the new scheduled time has to be re-connected to the ticket and/or client.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Brian

natrat
November 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I haven't got that far yet. I'm finding the Outlook sync to be unusable, as every time I kick it off for some reason it takes 10 or more minutes to complete. The little counter goes up to over 4000. It's pointless for me at the moment. I'm assuming it is going through every calendar entry in Outlook for the past x years? Is there not a setting to tell it to forget about anything older than a week or two? If I can resolve this issue I'll see if I can confirm your issue as the way you use it is exactly the way we will be using it.

Maybe I should submit a seperate forum post for this issue.

nathan

natrat
November 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hmm I've just done it again and while it did go up to over 4000 it was much quicker, maybe 2 minutes. I'll make a change on my phone to an appointment, wait for exchange to update, and see if CommitCRM updates.

Ok so it worked ok for me for an appointment in the dispatcher that wasn't actually linked to any ticket/account.

Testing an appointment that is linked to a ticket also works fine. I created a ticket, added a job to dispatcher, assigned a date/time for the job, synced to outlook. Then sycned to mobile via exchange. Then changed the time of the appointment on the phone, synced the phone back to exchange, then ran CommitCRM outlook sync, and the appointment was updated in the Dispatcher.

cheers
n

Support Team
November 27th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Hi nathan,

Yes, syncing with Outlook usually works very fast after the first few times you perform the sync. Note that the issue raised earlier in this thread was specific to syncing with mobile devices, and this issue was already resolved in one of our earlier versions, so you shouldn't experience any problems with the Outlook sync when using our latest version (RangerMSP version 4.5).

Note that in case this is the first time you sync with Outlook, and you are still in the first day of syncing, the first syncs may be slow. Please wait patiently until the sync process is completed. Several hours after the first sync, or on the next day, the process will become much faster. After the first syncs the system learns the current data set, and the next syncs sync only the data that has been updated since the last sync (only the delta), which makes it really fast.

I believe you are already seeing this getting better now :-)

Sherry

natrat
November 27th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Indeed I am, thanks - it now only scrolls up to a couple of hundred or so and takes less than ten secs. Awesome stuff.

Now i just need to finalise my accounts in Qcuikbooks so i can upgrade to the latest version and use the Quickbooks sync. I've been watching CommitCRM for at least 2 years, waiting until either you supported the Aus quickbooks API or Quickbooks Aus changed to an SQL API like the rest of the world. And this year bingo!