PDA

View Full Version : Links included with tickets

nattivillin
May 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
It seems like some customers get the links included in the new ticket email, and some do not.

Some emails just show;

Hello,

A new Service Ticket has been created for your account.

Your Service Ticket number: 0500-2377
Ticket created:05/14/2013 11:28 PM

Issue / problem:
POP UP BOX ON SUE DESKTOP

View
Edit

Thank You.

Isnt it being "on" a global settings?

Support Team
May 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Yes, it is. Links to the Web portal are not included when the customer does not have any Web users defined.

nattivillin
May 15th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Guess that make a little sense.

So howcome the system isnt smart enough to not send the links if it knows they dont have any web users?

Support Team
May 16th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Well, that is exactly what the system does - assuming the system is configured to include Web links in email alerts, when then alert is sent the system first checks to see whether or not the customer has Web user defined under their account, if it finds Web users it includes the links otherwise it does not.

nattivillin
May 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
It doesn't send the links, but it still sends the text from the template?

Is there a way to make the template text only show up when there are links?

I think links with no descriptions are ineffective, but when we add a description, users get emails that say click here but with no links.

Support Team
May 17th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Links, and their labels, are shown when the customer has Web users defined and when you enabled this feature under Tools > Options > Web Interface tab (scroll down the tab until you see the 'Web Links in Emails' box where you should enable it).

Also, if you use customized templates then you might have removed the tokens that place the label ('View'/'Edit') and the corresponding link. Please verify that your template includes the following four tokens.

<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENRangerMSPWEBINTERFACESHOWRECORD> <CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENRangerMSPWEBINTERFACESHOWURLLNK>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENRangerMSPWEBINTERFACEEDITRECORD> <CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENRangerMSPWEBINTERFACEEDITURLLNK>

nattivillin
May 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
The tokens are still there.

If i chose send test email and select a ticket attached to an account with no web users i still see the text with no links.

Maybe I dont fully understand what you are telling me.

Support Team
May 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
The template test does not check this, only the Alerts Server module does, so you should test it with real alerts and only use the Test option to check your email template customization.

nattivillin
May 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
How do i test with a real alert without making bogus tickets for myself?

Support Team
May 17th, 2013, 12:30 PM
You cannot create a 'real' situation without really creating one... create a test customer account, open a ticket and see how it works. There's no work around here.

nattivillin
May 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Well going back to my first pst, it has already been tested and isnt working correctly.

That client is setup as a web user, but the links didnt show on the email.

Support Team
May 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Please test it with the system's default email templates and not customized one and let us know how it goes.