PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Description

Damyanti
January 15th, 2008, 05:59 AM
How can we enable the Full Ticket Description to be reflected on Quickbooks Invoice

Support Team
January 15th, 2008, 07:25 AM
The Invoice which is created in QuickBooks out of RangerMSP Charges, contains a line per Charge. The Charge description is automatically copied to the invoice line so you can understand the context of the Charge.

You can also have the Ticket# automatically copied to each Invoice line by going to Tools > Options > QuickBooks, and check the Ticket# in the Invoice Line Content section.

Note that the whole Invoice can contain more than a single Ticket, since the Invoice can be created for a Ticket, Contract or for all of the Charges of the Account. This is the reason you need to have the full context of the Charge in a single line, and having the full Ticket description does not fit in this format.

HTH

Dina

Aveyotech
February 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I firmly believe we need to find a way to include the Ticket Description in the Quickbooks invoice.

As well, see my comments here CommitCRM Forums

Aveyotech
February 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Also would it be possible to insert a blank line after the last charge item and the first charge item (or ticket description) of a new ticket when creating the QB invoice. The current format is very difficult to read. In the current method I have to go into QB and insert lines between the tickets of every invoice just to make it legible.

It would be great if both of these items were added as options that the user could turn on or off...like the Ticket#

Thanks

Support Team
February 6th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Aveyotech,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make a note of your request regarding the ticket description and pass it along to the development team for consideration. I agree that this would be a useful addition.

Though we do not offer an automated way to copy the ticket description into the invoice, have you tried using the Memo field in the invoice creation wizard? This can be relevant when creating the invoice for a single ticket - In one of the wizard's steps you can add a memo field, which will be copied to the invoice's memo. You can paste the ticket description into this field, so it will be included in the invoice. I know this requires manually pasting the description, however, it can save you the bother of going back and forth between the two systems. You can find more information on this in the invoice creation instructions here.

As for adding blank lines between invoice lines - this may also be useful. I believe that we already have the ability to add blank lines on our to-do list.

I hope this helps. Thanks for letting us know how we can help you and have the best weekend!

Sherry

Aveyotech
February 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately we already use the Memo field. We use the field to indicate that the bill is for a particular month of service ie... "January Services"

Our monthly billing contains all the tickets for the month per customer. As you can probably imagine this can easily get confusing when a customer has 2 pages worth of invoice each month, of which there may be 20 tickets with 60 or more charges.

Thanks

Aveyotech
February 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
On another note, it would be really nice if we could have the ticket description with the ticket # on the first line of the QB invoice. Then the appropriate charges following without a ticket number. This would ease confusion, cleanup the look of the transfer, not to mention save me valuable time come billing time.

Even better... if we could configure the ticket/charge format via some scripting or variables.

example:

QB line 1 Ticket# 0500-1525; Asset#: PC415; Description: Jenny's computer will not boot;
QB line 2 Labor Charge #1
QB line 3 Part Charge #1
QB line 4 Part Charge #2
QB line 5 Labor Charge #2
QB line 6 Leave Blank
QB line 7 Next Ticket Description
QB line 8 Next Ticket Charge

Thanks again

Support Team
February 9th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. This is great feedback and I added it to your other suggestions which were already logged to our system. Thanks!

Neta