PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer on reports

azubair
February 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Is there an easy way to put a disclaimer on a report. I have been playing with the Report Designer and I can type lines of the disclaimer on the report. However, it would seem that there must be an easier way to paste the verbiage from, let us say, a MS Word doc. From the documentation, it seems that the Memo Field would be the best way to do this but i have not been able to use that field successful to paste text into it?

Support Team
February 18th, 2013, 06:26 AM
We recommend that while in the designer you try to use the RichText component . You can then edit the text by selecting Edit option in the pop up menu once the component is selected.

Hope this helps.

azubair
February 18th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Thank you. I was able to make this work after a bit of experimentation. I thought it might be helpful to others if I documented the steps in more detail here:

If you select the Text (A) from the Standard Components Menu bar, move the cursor to a spot on the report and left click the mouse, you get a box with LABEL NN in it and LABEL NN appears in the Edit Menu bar. You over-type this text with what you want.

To enter text into the Rich Text box, you have to perform some extra steps. Select the Rich Text button, left click on the report where you want the text. This creates a box with the tag Rich Text. Select the box and click the right button, this gives you a drop down menu, select Edit, this gives you a new window in which you can enter/paste the text.

For some reason, the process is slightly different for the Memo button (not sure why?). After you select the Memo button, left click in the report, a Memo box appears. If you select this and right click, a drop down menu appears, select LINES, you get a window that allows you to enter text for the box.

Support Team
February 18th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thank you!