PDA

View Full Version : accounts default tab --

raymond
February 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
not sure what's up but I have the Default Tab Displayed for accounts set to tickets yet when the account window first pops up it shows account preview... if I do a search for an account (type the name and hit enter), it then shows contacts as the default tab and if I manually select another tab then search for other clients, it stays on the tab I manually selected (which I can make a case for as being a good option).

What does the "Default Tab Displayed" setting in account options do?

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
February 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I suspect that the other tab that is opened when the system loads is related to the 'Save Windows Configuration' option. This options takes a snapshot of the current state of all open Windows and load it next time you log into RangerMSP, this is 'stronger' than the default tab setting. In case you want to change this arrange the Windows again as you wish the system to open and save configurations again.

When right clicking the Accounts icon on the left side pane and selecting the 'New Window' option the default tab should be displayed when the 2nd (3rd, etc.) Account Window is opened.

When opening the Account from anther Window to see the specific Account Window the Preview tab is selected by design. The idea here is that you probably did not want to browse accounts but rather to see most details of a specific account. So the Preview tab makes most sense, though I see why you may want it to behave otherwise under some scenarios.

Thanks for posting this.

raymond
February 14th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I guess the "Save Windows Configuration" part would make sense but it's not doing that properly either (I have it set to something different but it always goes back to account preview). Even when I close and re-open the accounts window, it does not show me the default tab (I have is set to tickets). BTW, this is running on a terminal server (W2K8R2) - I have not checked the behavior on a local workstation install.

On a side note, I know some folks like the Account Preview and it is nice but honestly, when I'm working on accounts, the last tab I ever go to is the preview tab -- I already know the name and address (etc.).

Support Team
February 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the update. FWIW, the Account Preview tab shows much more information than just the name and address, it shows ALL recent activity for the Accounts - Tickets that were handled or are open, pending Tasks, Appointments, all recent quoting status, and more. And - it also allows you to see the open tickets and open them directly from the Preview tab, I mention this because you want to use the Tickets tab as the default...

raymond
February 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
exactly, it shows ALL the information... I'd go out on a limb and say that most folks (counting us) rarely want to see ALL the information. We are there for specific tasks which I'm going to wager is highly slanted towards tickets (we live in the ticket tab!).

Anyhow the whole point of this is that we have been given the option to set the default tab for Accounts and this is not working at all... even when the proper tab is selected and we use the "Save Windows Configuration", it still reverts back to the Account Preview tab... again, nice tab but kind of useless for how we use CommitCRM. Note that I have also tried this on a dedicated workstation with the same (not working properly) results.

thanks --

//ray