PDA

View Full Version : update asset field --

raymond
February 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
is there an easy wat to batch update a (custom) field for assets? We have 750 assets that need to be modfied...

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
February 13th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Hi ray, this can only achieved with using our API and writing a small program that loop all Assets and update the fields.

Hope this helps.

raymond
February 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
so how do I do that? I'm not about to manually update 750 assets... (!)

//ray

Support Team
February 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Click to learn all about RangerMSP API. Please note that basic programming skills are required to start using the API.

lpopejoy
February 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Ray, email me if this is something you really need to do. I might have a couple tips. luke@incomservice.net

raymond
February 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM
...I'm sure this is done all the time but that's a bit daunting and the last thing I want to do is incorrectly modify (or corrupt) our data. Was hoping for a batch update tool like the one that is included with Accounts that luddites like myself could use without requiring a new skillset. Is there any chance we could get that added to all the major objects (tickets, charges, assets, etc.)?

and thanks Luke, I'm going to hold off for a bit on this for now.

cheers!

//ray

Support Team
February 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Well, with all of the different requests I do not think that this will be introduced soon. Such a feature is available for Accounts (Batch update) though. API is your friend here...

raymond
February 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
If the tool has already been created for Accounts, why not simply bolt it onto other windows (tickets, charges, asset, etc.) -- seems like a pretty simple addition.

thansk --

//ray