PDA

View Full Version : Problems with email connector

azubair
February 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I am using a demo version ofCommitCRM. Having problems configuring the email connector. I am using MS Outlook on a Win 7 system. After I setup the "out going email server settings" and try "Test SMTP Connection" I get the following:
Status Failed
Connecting to SMTP server...
RequestDone Rq=0 Error=11004
Error, Application Stopped

Support Team
February 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Thank you for asking. We've just replied to your email with the following:

"The 11004 error code is a low level connection problem.

It usually means that the connection was blocked - most likely because of a firewall or an anti-virus blocking such. So first I would check there and see if anything is configured to block connection attempts (or if anything was logged about blocking the connections).

Google may be your friend here too. The 11004 error does not come from RangerMSP but it is rather an external common error code. Googling it returns plenty of results, you should try to pick what's relevant for your specific configuration.

Last but not least I would double-check whether the right protocol is selected (e.g. TLS or SSL) in case you use a secure connection to the mail server. It is very important to select the option your mail server expects. However, in most cases this comes after the 11004 is resolved, but anyway, I would give it a try as well."

I hope this helps.