PDA

View Full Version : Ticket resolution copying onto wrong ticket / account by self

lassenpc
January 22nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ok.. here's a head scratcher. Using 6.0.0.4 on Win 7 file server.

I input data onto ticket "A" resolution, and save. (not completed yet)

A day later, I open ticket "B", enter some data in resolution, save (not completed yet).

On day three, a partial copy of the resolution from ticket "A" has inserted itself into ticket "B"s resolution; just a copy of some of it; Ticket "A" still has it's original data in resolution.

Also on day three, went to complete resolution on a ticket "C" that has been open 6 days, and when I pulled it up, a copy of partial data resolution from ticket "B" is also on "C"'s ticket.

I've poked around to see if there is somewhere I can go to verify database integrity / rebuild / repair, haven't seen anything yet.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Support Team
January 22nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
This definitely looks like a data corruption. For a start (1) close any running RangerMSP client or server side service and take a full backup, (2) Use the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP to email us your RangerMSP log files with Outlook. We will then analyze them and continue from there.

lassenpc
January 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Resolved with steps provided by CommitCRM Support; they discovered the culprit (which end user was causing DB corruption); have made reprimands to staff about trying to run CommitCRM client on wireless, on linux based machine through WINE; ack! Apparently I am not keeping my staff busy enough...

Thank you!

nattivillin
January 23rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
So you cant run CommitCRM over wireless? Or through WINE?

is this with or without the sql add-on?

lassenpc
January 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
For the type of data corruption we were experiencing, it was pointing to basically dropped packets / network issue from one user; I was unaware he had set the aforementioned rig up, just to 'see if it could be done'; not exactly sure if it was the wireless portion, or trying to run it through WINE that was causing it; could have been one or the other, or both. Two of five workstations in the office run CommitCRM on laptops that are fairly stationary on the office, so to avoid any potential future issues, we've hard wired them. Just in case. And this is without the sql add-on.

nattivillin
January 24th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Question for Commit, would their setup work properly with the SQl add-on?

Never thought about using CommitCRM over wireless, but it cant be any worse than using it over a wan.

is SQl the cure all for networked issues with CommitCRM?

Support Team
January 25th, 2013, 06:06 AM
SQL is highly recommended for many reasons including when using a wireless network - this is because of the higher likelihood of network disconnects that when occur, without using SQL, might result in data integrity issues. So in short - while it is not mandatory we highly recommend it.

lassenpc
January 25th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Ack, I had never considered SQL, thought that was generally for busier offices. Been using it for 3 years and right around 3700 tickets. But if it's more stable, there's no question that I'll get it.

Nattivillin, thank you for bringing that up.

Commit, can you point me where to go for a 'how to' migrate our existing setup to a new machine (from Win 7, to Server 2008), and then (once purchased) moving the existing DB to the SQL? Thanks!

Support Team
January 28th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Migrating to another server normally requires that you follow a short procedure. As licensing is involved please contact us directly for more information on this one.

SQL - when you license it all your data, settings and customizations are all reserved. Once purchased you'll receive the exact details on how to configure it, usually it does take more than just a few minutes.

Hope this helps.