PDA

View Full Version : collate printing --

raymond
January 17th, 2013, 06:57 PM
we have discovered that our prints are not collating... I don't remember this being a problem in the past but then again, maybe I never printed multiple copies from CommitCRM before...

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
January 21st, 2013, 06:01 AM
To speed up printing of multiple pages reports the system collates at the page level by the number of page you print and at the entire report level. I guess that you indeed you've never tried to print in a similar way :-)

raymond
January 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM
I guess I don't understand what "collates at the page level by the number of page you print and at the entire report level" means... how do we get prints to collate when they come out of the printer?

//ray

Support Team
January 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM
It means that each page is printed in the number of pages you selected when printing. For a multi-page reports you can either separate prints manually, sort the printed pages or copy them using your copier.

raymond
January 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Seriously?!? The answer is to manually collate printed copies???

Not sure how often others are printing multiple copies of somthing but by todays standards (heck, going back a decade!), this should be considered a bug and fixed...

//ray

Support Team
January 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Yes, this is how it works to gain speed and it is not a priority item for us. Many times users use RangerMSP for many years and are not aware of this (I believe that this may be the case with you as well).

Please note that we do not disagree here or anything and we are not saying that it wouldn't have been nice. Yet, we implemented it in this way to gain additional speed and as we've hardly ever get requests for this it currently doesn't score high.

Hope this makes sense and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

raymond
January 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM
OK -- fair enough... if it's taken me 5 years to notice this issue then it's probably low priority!

BUT if you get to the point of working on the printing features, please inject this item.

thanks!!

//ray

nattivillin
January 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM
I agree, i didn't think about not having the collate feature. I would have thought it just existed.

I thought it was a standard feature like FM radio.

raymond
January 22nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
that's funny...

:-)

//ray