PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM over VPN

lpopejoy
January 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
When you open CommitCRM over a VPN you get big blue window that says "loading saved window configuration" and it stays there until CommitCRM loads. You can't use any other applications while you are waiting. This takes quite awhile - and while I CAN wait - just wondering if I could at least check my email while I'm waiting....?

nattivillin
January 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I haven't noticed that happening.

We have abandoned using CommitCRM over VPN. It has greatly improved but still "leaves much to be desired"

We went ahead and setup a RDS server to run it from. We have it working perfectly with remote desktop and are now trying to see if we can make it work with remote apps. Then the users can run CommitCRM client within internet explorer.

Now if we can only figure out why IIS is having a bad day, we'd be 1/2 way there.

racassel
February 11th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I am running CommitCRM 5.7 very well as a remote app.
Keep in mind when you merge and save a document, or drag an email, it will save it to the server path. Even though it runs in a window, and looks like local app, all the saves and calls are from the server. Launching Word merge launches server side Word.

There is a kink I have not worked out with running Outlook Sync...says it can't find the server. Any ideas? I am guessing there is a server path that I might change to a URL in an INI somewhere.

nattivillin
February 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM
The remote app feature of 2008 is a blast. Too bad i cant get it work properly because of some weird iis error.

What happens if word isnt installed on the server?