PDA

View Full Version : Ticket created by e-mail in wrong account

itognet
December 10th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Hi Commit,

A customer sends an email with attachment to our public e-mail.
A tickets gets created, and the email is places under history.

But the ticket is created under the wrong account, because the customer is not sending from the right e-mail address.

How do I copy / merge / whatever the ticket into the right account, including the email / attachments ?

Support Team
December 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM
You can use the ticket merge feature for this though I think that the best option would probably be to update your contacts database and remove this customer email address so next time they send from an incorrect email address it will not open a new ticket for them under the wrong account.

itognet
December 10th, 2012, 06:23 AM
The customers e-mail adresses is correct in our system and should not be updated. Because the customer is having two companies and also two different e-mail adresses.

I have tried the ticket merge, but it cannot merge two tickets with different accounts.

So how can I convert the existing ticket including the attachments to another account.

Support Team
December 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
If the customer used the wrong email address and this caused the system to create the ticket under the wrong account then your only option would be to copy the Ticket to the other account and mention a reference to the original ticket so you can visit it to open the attachment of the email, or, you can save the attachments to your server drive and drop/drop them into the new Ticket.