PDA

View Full Version : Adding opportunity field to ticket

durrett
January 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM
In some cases I want to keep the sales opportunity which resulted in a job and somehow keep it attached to the ticket. I tried adding a new field (using the field management tool) but I couldn't find a field of type opportunity there (I see "select account", "select document" etc. but no "select opportunity"). Is there a way to do this?

Support Team
January 9th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Yes, you can add a customized field which will allow you to select an Opportunity.

When adding the new field, you should select the "Add new field to tab" option, and when you get to setting the Field Name and Type, you should select "Linked Object" in the Field Type.

The "Linked Object" is a special field which allows you to set the type you wish to select for it. Possible options are: Opportunity, Ticket, Contract, Asset. Once you set the field type to Opportunity you will be able to select from the Opportunities list for this field. Note that one the Opportunity is selected in this field, you can easily open it by right-clicking the Opportunity field, and selecting "Show Opportunity".

HTH

Doron