PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM backup takes long to stop sessions

nattivillin
December 4th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I type in to stop all sessions in 1 minute and i end up waiting 3-10 minutes?

Why ask me if it is just going to take it's sweet time anyway?

Support Team
December 5th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Some processes and services do being the scenes work and should not be forced to stop. So the time you fill is considered as a 'request' and not as 'force logout'. Also, if you use SQL you can configure live backups that will run automatically and while the system is in use so no one needs to log out...

nattivillin
December 6th, 2012, 08:55 PM
It is true nobody needs to log out for SQl backups. But I need to kick people out to do so many things. Merge tickets, merge accounts, design reports, etc.

Is there a better way to kick everyone from the system besides me? I don't even know how to ensure nobody logs back on after i re-enable logins. I just hope they dont.

Hope is a losing strategy BTW.

Support Team
December 7th, 2012, 06:21 AM
The live backup with SQL does NOT require anyone to log out.

To force people out of the system you can use the manual backup program to force log outs. It gracefully logs out users and does not force or interrupt any process operation, therefore it may take anyway from one minutes to a few until to graceful log out process is complete. This is the only safe way to log out users without causing any trouble.

nattivillin
December 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
That brings me back to my question. What would make the graceful logout take 5-10 minutes?

Support Team
December 10th, 2012, 06:09 AM
There are many possible reasons for this and some things run in the background. The graceful force log-out may take anywhere from 1-10 minutes and it's not something you have control over as the processes should first complete their activity.

nattivillin
December 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I can accept that. Thanks.