PDA

View Full Version : New emails started from a ticket

lpopejoy
December 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm just wondering if I'm missing some fundamental Windows/CommitCRM trick.

When I'm in a ticket and click the "Email" button, it starts a new email, but that window is hidden a "child" outlook window - so I have to use mouse (or alt+tab) and click the main Outlook window and find the new email that Outlook just opened. Sounds like a trivial procedure - and isn't terrible - but when you have 20+ applications running all the time and maybe 10+ individual outlook windows, it can take a few seconds to identify the actual Outlook window that you are looking for...

So what's the trick? Is there a way to automaticaly make that "new" outlook window take focus on top of CommitCRM?

Support Team
December 3rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
When a new Email is initiated from RangerMSP a new email Window opens. We've tested it here and while in most cases it does pop and show in from, under some other configurations it has indeed opened minimized. I believe that this is not something we have control over (though we will check this) and in some cases the Window stays in normal mode (e.g. in front, not minimized). Alt-tab is probably the quickest way to get to this email.