PDA

View Full Version : Feature request - dispatcher access from web interface

MarkKnit
November 27th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Are the any (near term) plans to make the dispatcher available from the web interface? I have a few employees that need to use the web interface most of the time, but this is a major limitation to their productivity if they cannot see the dispatcher when scheduling new work.

Thanks, Mark K

Support Team
November 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM
The Dispatcher information is actually there. Click to see appointments and you'll get to see the dispatcher board with scheduled on-site visits and appointments. Then, you can schedule a new ticket by adding an appointment to it.

Please note that you can open any number of Browser tabs for the Web interface, so in one you can see the dispatcher/calendar and in the other do the actual work like adding/updating/etc. To open a new tab simply visit the log-in page again.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
December 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
We always wondered why you named it appointments instead of dispatcher.

Support Team
December 4th, 2012, 06:12 AM
It is named appointments for many reasons though Dispatcher would definitely fit too. It lists appointments - whether for service work or for sales related operations - like a meeting with a potential customer. It also syncs with Outlook Appointments. Anyway thanks for sharing this thought with us.

MarkKnit
December 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm either missing your point, or you missed mine. The dispatcher window in the client lists all of the tickets that are waiting to be dispatched, along with the calendar view above that. Where is that on the web interface? We use that extensively to assign tickets to techs when they arrive.

Thanks, Mark K

Support Team
December 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks Mark. I believe that we fully understand what you were referring to. The appointments tab of the Web interface show all schedules of tickets and other meetings, it does not show the open Tickets which are displayed in the Tickets tab. Unlike the Windows client the Web interface does not mix the two (though it's a good idea, noted!). To schedule a Ticket visit its details page and add an 'Appointment' to it from the 'Pending' area, or add an appointment directly from the Appointments tab and link it back to the Ticket.