View Full Version : Recurring Contracts - Best practice

itognet
October 29th, 2012, 03:14 AM
HiCommitCRM.

I have a contract for a client, with the contract data is:
Contract Start date: 01/01/2012
Contract End date: 31/12/2012

Contract Price Charges:
14/02/2012 1 pcs Antivirus (for 4 users) - 1 year, 1. Mar - 28. Feb. Price $400 [IS BILLED]

The client terminates 1 Antivirus at the 29/10/2012 so the contract for 2013 will hold 3 pcs of Antivirus.

I will do a batch copy of the contract the 16/12/2012

How do I update the contract for 2013 with the new information ?
What is the best practice for doing this ?

Another question, will a contract task be copied in a batch copy?

Support Team
October 29th, 2012, 06:30 AM
You should update Contract-Price Charge after copying the Contract for next year.

You can renew this contract NOW (by copying to the next date range). All Contract-Price Charges will be copied to the next period newly created Contract and you can update all quantities.

When (and if) you'll run the batch renewal wizard to renew all recurring contracts during - this contract will not be renewed again - as it was already renewed.

Using Activity Templates you can configure Tasks, Appointments and Tickets that will be created automatically (e.g. the activity template will be applied). To implement this you need to link an activity template to the contract.

Hope this helps.

itognet
October 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Now I fully understand. Thanks.

Lets say that I have copied the contract to the next year, and have deleted one item.

How do I handle that the client adds an item to the existents contact current year.
Should I add the item to current year contract and also to next year contract ?

Support Team
October 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Yes, correct. You add the Items under the Contract that covers it just like you described.