PDA

View Full Version : Ticket list sort order

lpopejoy
October 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm getting really tired of every time the record quantity changes, the ticket listing order changes. For instance, if I have the ticket list sorted by "account" and I delete a ticket, tickets in the same account change position.

Is there no way to fix this? Every time I complete/delete/add a ticket, I have to find my place in the list again...

nattivillin
October 18th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I find that highly annoying as well.

Slows me down bigtime.

Support Team
October 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys. We will be looking into this.

lpopejoy
October 19th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thank YOU! :)

lpopejoy
January 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Just want to bring this up again. Any chance this will be looked at any time soon? This is a fairly major usability problem... (IMO!)

Support Team
January 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
We have this on file and we'll have to check whether it can be included for the next release. Thanks for bringing this up again.

lpopejoy
January 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Ok, very good. Thank you very much.

nattivillin
January 24th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I hate when i go to assets, click the drop down to filter by company, edit an asset, hit save, and then it goes back to the entire list of companies.

aaggrrahhh!#$%@#!@!!!

it so slows me down to have to keep selecting the company i want to work with.

lpopejoy
July 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Ok, I'm going to bring this up again. PLEAASSEE, can this be fixed?

Support Team
July 24th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Well, @lpopejoy you are currently using 6.2 (Beta) and this has been taken care of :-)
Yet, if you posted it I suspect that you faced it under some scenario.
While no one uses RangerMSP please ZIP and email us the following file form the \Db folder:
ViewsUser.adi
ViewsUser.adm
ViewsUser.adt
Also, please try to describe the scenario you used. Many such 'annoying' scenarios have been resolved.

lpopejoy
July 24th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Yes, I am using the beta, and yes, still having the problem.

So the scenario, is in the inbox, sorted by account (by clicking on the account column header). If you right click, and press "remove from inbox" the ordering of the tickets changes. It is still sorted by Account, but the tickets move all around. Make sense?

lpopejoy
July 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Did you get my email on this? See anything wrong that would cause this? Thanks!

Support Team
July 26th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Yes, including the files. Everything we try with 6.2 Beta works as expected including with your files. It's either that we're missing a specific scenario or that there's a bug in this Beta that we haven't found yet. We will keep you posted.

lpopejoy
July 26th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Ok, I think it only happens when you have to scroll to view the entire list of records. For instance, when you right click a ticket and "remove from inbox" - the whole list of records jumps to a new place.

When a record is removed from the list, the list should "move up" one - but as it is, the whole list moves. For instance, if you right click and remove the bottom record in the list - the top record then changes position as well (I think it moves up two records).

I'm not sure if tickets are completely reordering themselves (as in sort order changing) or if all the list positions just change.

Does that make any sense? I'll test it out a little better when I have a moment.

Support Team
July 29th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Thank you. We ran some additional tests and did not see that the Tickets list is reordered.
However, under some scenarios the entire list indeed 'jumps' when refreshed, so the highlighted row visually moves to another position, yet the sort remains the same. We will see if we can pause it, but the better thing with the new 6.2 release that even in these cases it keeps the order, unlike before.

Hope it makes sense.

lpopejoy
July 29th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Ok, its very possible the list is just jumping - and I assumed it was the same problem as before.

That being said, I know that the records ABOVE the record being affected DO move - SOMETIMES. It seems like only the records that are below the affected record should move up. Anyway, minor detail if that's all that is happening. I'll pay closer attention! Thanks!