PDA

View Full Version : sort columns via details and bug --

raymond
October 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
can we add the ability to sort via details -- this is one column that is missing (not able to sort by).

Also, on sorting by Asset Code we got an error:
SerchQry: Field 'BCCODE_LOOKUP' not found

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
October 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
For the Asset sort message - please contact us by email and we'll provide you with a quick-fix for this.

In regards to the other 'sort via details' - please elaborate. I don't think that I'm following you on this one.

raymond
October 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
when looking at the list of assets (either in the assets window or under an assets tab), we can click the colum head/title and sort on pretty much every column (name, quantity, account, etc.). The one column that we can't click and sort on is description which we use to enter certain non-verbose description information (the verbose stuff goes in notes). Just need the ability to click and sort based on the Description column.

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
October 19th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Thank you for the clarification. The Description field is a memo field in the database, e.g. it can virtually hold any amount of text, however, the down side is that it technically cannot be sorted. Any information you want to sort-by should be stored in "standard" non-memo fields that are sortable.

Hope this helps.

raymond
October 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
why can't it be sorted? it's just text... of course it can be sorted...

I could see the point that indexing the entire field could be problematic -- how about sorting on the first 256 chars or something like that.

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
October 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the additional input. Unfortunately it does not work exactly like this but we get your idea. Thanks.