PDA

View Full Version : changing the service form used in web interface

wsandwith
January 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Is it possible to change the service form used in the webinterface? I want to add a field to this and other forms to be used as a place to enter P.O. numbers.

Support Team
January 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM
You can customize the Service Forms used in the RangerMSP Application to contain new fields and new design. You should copy the report to your custom reports and then click the Design button. Click here to read more about adding new fields to reports.

However, using the Web Interface you have two fixed Service Forms (Technician Service Form, and Technician Service Form with Charges), and you cannot select other forms there. You may consider printing your custom Service Form from the application into a PDF file (using any standard PDF printer), and send the PDF file via email to the customer when relevant.

HTH

Sherry

Eastern Shore IT
June 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I would like to follow up on this as a new CommitCRM CRM customer. I to would like to have more control over the report that can printed from the web interface. The problem with the two reports that are currently available is that neither include the "Notes" field from the ticket. This is important since many times on site I perform lessons and I would like to keep notes from the lessons in that field and separate from any ticket resolution information. The problem with the suggestion of printing a PDF of a customized form is that it slows down workflow. Many clients do not have Adobe reader so I have to spend time downloading that for the client first before I can print out the desired form for the client. Is there no way to redirect the menu options to access and print a customized form rather than one of the two default fixed Service forms? Or is it possible with a little modification of code to program that function to include information from the "Notes" field in the fixed Service forms? Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here...time is money and would like to increase the efficiency of closing out a ticket onsite and quickly printing a form with all of the service information and charges.

I must say this is definitely a great product and I am very pleased with its functionality all-in-all.

Support Team
June 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us. Having the ticket's notes printed out on the service form sounds like a useful addition, and I logged this so we will check the option of adding this in the future.

At the moment, as you mentioned, the system allows you to use customized forms, which can include any information you need, by printing the report to PDF. I get what you are saying about the requirement of having the PDF reader installed in order to use this option, and how this is not always that handy, and I have logged your feedback on this to be further considered. Thanks for your interesting feedback.

Ethan

Eastern Shore IT
November 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to follow up on this. Having the ticket notes or really any other field in the web interface printable report is indeed possible. You must be a little comfortable with coding and I will leave it up to the programmers to share or not share this customization tip. The more I use and dig into this software the happier I have become with it.

Support Team
November 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this, and for the great feedback on RangerMSP.

Since this forum post has started, many new features & enhancements have been added and updated in RangerMSP, such as printing all ticket reports, including your custom reports to PDF via the Web Interface. This allows you to easily print your customized reports directly from the Web Interface.

Reno Breen