PDA

View Full Version : Default color for employees

racassel
October 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Shouldn't the default color for employee's calendar be a global option? Trying to get a better view of the weekly calendar and associate colors with employees, however the change only appears to be per user. For example, I want all of John's appointments to be blue, David green, Rick to be red etc.... Am I correct that this change must be made under options for each individual user????

Support Team
October 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Here's how it works:

Each Employee is being assigned with a default color.

New Appointments (from now one) will automatically use this color when the employee is selected.

As a RangerMSP Admin you can open the 'Employees' main Window and see the color each employee is assigned to (there's a column for it).
When you select an employee from the list you can visit the 'Employee' tab below and modify their default color. Again, this will affect new Appointments assigned to the employee.

Hope this helps.

racassel
October 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
It seems to only be working for me. Other users who are scheduling new appointments result with the default white color. For example I assign blue to David and schedule a new appointment, and it is blue. If Sally, or John or David schedules a new appointment for David, it is white.

Support Team
October 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Strange. Please ask the other users to restart RangerMSP once and see if this has any affect and resolves the issue.

nattivillin
October 5th, 2012, 06:12 AM
It works for us as a global feature. I assign the color and it goes with their appointments.

I haven't added any new employees since the update so i'm not sure is if it still working as intended.