PDA

View Full Version : Saving custom report parameters not working

racassel
October 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Hello I am trying to create custom reports, Employee Charges report for each employee, however the options do not save. I have copied the report and saved it as Employee Charges Report - John. However when I exit the report, the selected employee does not save, and each time I have to go in and reselect the employee I want. However the date range seems to save. Is it possible to save the report parameters for a custom report? Am I doing something wrong? Any plans to add this in?

Support Team
October 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Thank you for asking. Options are not meant to be saved, this is also true with system reports and not just with custom reports. When switching from different reports you print in the same report-printing-session then some of the parameters will be kept, however, these live only during the report-printing-session. I'll write down your notes regarding this. Thanks for asking.

racassel
October 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Is it possible to filter a custom report to include one employee, inside the report designer? Then save that new custom report as Employee Charges - John?
If so, can you provide some insight on how to do this?

Support Team
October 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
The Report Designer let you control the layout/format of what will be printed, therefore settings filters cannot be done within the designer. Data filtering criteria is set in the filtering Window that is displayed when you go to print the report.