PDA

View Full Version : Server 2012 seems to run CommitCRM satisfactorally

DynamicIT
October 4th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Hi Team,

Just thought to mention as nobody else has so far...

We are now running Server 2012 Foundation (no wizards - coming in Server 2012 Essentials edition late this year) on an XW4600 with 8Gb as a domain controller and moving our desktops to Windows 8 (which I'm not excited about, but need to give it a go).

CommitCRM 6 seems to run fine from this server with the basic database. No issues so far. Have just livened up the Web Interface for the first time since moving our installation and this presented no issues after I added the CommitWebInterface.exe to the Windows Firewall.

I've not played with the v6 update to the web interface much yet - if it looks like an improvement I may leave it running and buy an SSL certificate. I found older versions of the Web Interface a little frustrating and would be keen to see more development from the CommitCRM team in this area.

Just FYI the server boots from a 120Gb Intel 330 series SSD (6Gb Sata capable but the server only had 3Gb DATA ports). The OS had a 60Gb partition of which 11Gb is used (no apps installed - pretty much default configuration) and the other half of the SSD was set aside forCommitCRM. I was hoping for a decent performance improvement over the VMWare Server v1 Windows 2000 machine CommitCRM was running on (on top of our SBS2003 machine) but this has not come.

Cheers
Mike
Auckland, NZ

DynamicIT
October 4th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Just to clarify - my main performance annoyance is out 2 page Invoice 'report'. We invoice directly from CommitCRM using a customised report with a summary and the totals on Page 1 and the job Notes on Page 2. Moving from a VM based on a FakeRAID 1.5Gbps SATA drive to the SSD has not noticeably improved performance and during the report generation the 1Gbps LAN is far from saturated.

Support Team
October 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Thank you for the update and for sharing your experience with Windows Server 2012 Foundation. Glad to hear all is working well. In regards to page2 printing delays - maybe it has to do something with the customized report format and nothing with hardware. Please use the Export option located on the main Reports Window toolbar and email it back to us. We will then load it here and test it. Besides, I see that you've been using RangerMSP for many years now without upgrading to the SQL option, something I think that you should consider. Let's start with reviewing your customized report and continue from there.