PDA

View Full Version : Employee's show in dispatcher view

mucar1967
January 4th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Is there a way to lock the users who appear in the dispatcher window for each client computer or even globally, we have multiple departments in our organisation and many employees within our organisation, only 4 of these employees relate to my department, I only want to see these 4 employees every time I open dispatcher. It it very frustrating having to narrow down the employee list every time dispatcher is opened.

Support Team
January 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
In our next version release (version 4.3 which will be released soon), you will be able to save the display settings, such as the current RangerMSP open windows, the windows size and location and also display filters.

This includes the ability to save the Dispatcher's Employee selection filter, so next time you login to the system, the dispatcher window will automatically open with the Employees you selected last time. I believe this is exactly what you need.

HTH

Sherry

unlimited223
January 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
great to hear about the new feature of saving the display, sounds like a neat feature. I look forward for this version release!

mucar1967
January 8th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Thanks Sherry, that is exactly what i am looking for, I await the upgrade with anticipation.
Have a great day.

Support Team
April 1st, 2008, 06:42 AM
FYI - version 4.3 was released with the Save Display feature, as discussed in this thread.

This includes the ability to save the Dispatcher's Employee selection filter, so next time you login to the system, the dispatcher window will automatically open with the Employees you selected last time. I believe this is exactly what you need.

In addition, users can now save their own display settings so that they can reuse the display that is most comfortable to them every time they log in. This can save time, and allows you to arrange the windows as you prefer.

Save Display Settings features:

* Save window locations – Move windows, such as Accounts, Tickets, etc., around on your screen, and resize them as you like. These window locations and sizes will be saved for the next time you log in toRangerMSP.

* Save tab size – You can resize the tabs section on your display, and it will be saved so that each time you open a new window, the ratio between the top part of the window and the tabs on the bottom will be the same.

* Save current filters – If you use filters when viewing lists (such as for Accounts, Tickets, Dispatchers, Employees, etc.), you can save the current display so that each time you log in to the system, the same filter will be displayed.

* Saving the Display settings is performed from Windows menu > Save Current Open Windows configuration for Next Login.

Enjoy!