PDA

View Full Version : Calendar sync not ignoring private appointments

nattivillin
September 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I have some appointments set as private that shouldn't end up on the dispatch board.

This featured was working correctly and now isn't.

Is there something I need to do to stop private appointments from synchronizing?

Support Team
September 11th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Under Tools > Options > Outlook tab each user selects their syncing preferences.

Verify that the 'Synchronize private appointments...' option, under the different sub-tabs, is not selected.

nattivillin
September 11th, 2012, 06:44 AM
It was on and working since day one. What would cause it to change?

I didn't go in and change the setting.

Support Team
September 11th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Unfortunately we cannot tell. It naturally does not change automatically. Please monitor this to verify it stays selected. In case in won't, please report back. Thanks.

nattivillin
September 11th, 2012, 01:26 PM
The issue was the different sync settings on different computers. Apparently the default is to sync private appointments and I logged into a new machine and it synced them there.

bah-humbug

Support Team
September 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM
RangerMSP syncing settings are NOT related to the machine but rather to the Outlook/Exchange folder you sync with regardless of the PC you're using.

RangerMSP does not do mass delete, especially for Appointments. So data that has been synced with RangerMSP is considered as data that is allowed for RangerMSP and RangerMSP and Outlook will keep sharing them.

For example (just one scenario out of many similar), you create an Appointment in RangerMSP, sycn it with Outlook and then set it as Private in Outlook. The fact that RangerMSP does not sync your private Appointments from Outlook does not mean that it will now delete the record, that was set as Private in Outlook, from RangerMSP.

In any case, before you start testing all options please backup both Outlook and RangerMSP.

Hope this helps.