PDA

View Full Version : Integration with MSP software

rkniffin
January 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
The product roadmap shows integration with MSP software in Q1 2008. Which platforms will you be integrating with? Will Kaseya be one of them? Will this be in the core program or an add-on module that needs to be purchased?

Support Team
January 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
As mentioned on our roadmap we plan to support integration with leading Managed Services products such as N-Able, Level Platforms, Kaseya and others. The first release will probably support one or two of these products and the support for other tools will probably be added soon after that. As it hasn't been released and officially announced yet I don't have the information whether it will be included in the core product or be offered as an additional add-on, anyway, in case it will end up as an additional add-on I can assure that its price will be very attractive.
If you currently use Kaseya, or another MSP system, please let us know, this type of feedback helps us prioritize our activities better. Thanks.

Dina

rkniffin
January 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
We currently use Kaseya.

Support Team
January 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

We welcome anyone who wishes to share which MSP system they use to post here. As said, this type of feedback helps us prioritize our activities better.

camelon
January 7th, 2008, 01:23 AM
We use Nagios www.nagios.org .

JustinIT
January 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Interesting to learn about Nagios.

camelon - are you satisfied with it? Does it cover the same aspects as other MSP tools? Do you know how it is compared to Kaseya, Level Platforms, Zenith and N-Able managed services platforms?

Thanks.

camelon
January 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
We have been using it for about 2 years. Initially we found it difficult to setup, but community was excellent. We are currently monitoring over 40 sites with it.
There is a higher degree of technical expertise required for setup and maintenance, but overall, if you have the skillset inhouse, then the application is very beneficial.
I am not familiar with the ins and outs of Kaseya and others, but I have glanced at a few. On the surface I cannot justify the cost to change or consider as they do not present any additional value or technical advantage that NAGIOS does not do or have.

JustinIT
January 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the valuable information Camelon.

I will give Nagios a try and see how it works for us.

emagill
January 11th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I'm a one-man shop and am looking at Logmein ITReach and hosted Kaseya from securemycompany.com. Will integration be supported for either of those?

Support Team
January 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi emagill,

We plan to integrate with managed services systems such as Kaseya.

Regarding Logmein ITReach - Unlike Kaseya (or Level Platforms, N-Able etc.) I don't think we have received many requests for this so I am not sure it will be officially supported before the others.

Anyway, one of the points of integration will be to automatically create a Service Ticket in RangerMSP based on MSP alerts which are usually received via email. We are about to release a RangerMSP Email Connector module (currently in beta) that handles incoming emails and converts them into new Tickets. It offers very flexible options, so beside of recognizing incoming email from your customers and opening tickets for them, it also knows how to parses XML based emails - this feature makes it very easy to integrate with a large range of Managed Services products and other alerting tools. I believe that if Logmein ITReach offers the ability to customize the email alerts sent, then it won't take more than several minutes to set it up to integrate withRangerMSP.

HTH

Bracha

dkawnik
January 12th, 2008, 09:45 PM
We have been using Level Platforms for 2 years now and are anxiously awaiting some sort of integration. Also very important for us and for me especially as the business owner as new employees come along is some sort of searchable knowledgebase like ConnectWise PSA has. A friend of mine showed me this product and that was the feature I liked. I could type in "exchange" for example and it would show me all past tickets for that customer with exchange - showed up as a Google like search result too in their web based interface. Brilliant!!

What is the ETA for the Level Platforms integration? Thanks!

sydney-msps
January 13th, 2008, 12:31 AM
dkawnik, we already search our tickets database in CommitCRM by words and phrases, such as "Exchange", "Vista UAC" etc. It makes it much easier for us to solve open issues we've already dealt with in the past.

Have a look at the following thread

Support Team
January 14th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the input regarding Level Platform. It will definitely be supported.

As for the Text Search - just like sydney-msps already posted, you can search any words within the Ticket Description in RangerMSP simply by selecting the "Description" in the search criteria. Actually what this means is that your entire service tickets database automatically becomes a knowledge base with a lot of useful information.

Neta

dkawnik
January 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply folks - I don't use this myself so passed onto the guys and they are thrilled. It was staring us in the face ;-)

Look forward to Level Platforms integration - estimated date please??

Support Team
January 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
An official date for Integration of RangerMSP with Level Platform hasn't been announced yet, however it is one of the first MSP products we intend to integrate with. We will notify all users when it will be available.

Note that you may be able to use RangerMSP Email Connector module, which will be released in a few weeks (currently in beta). This module will allow automatic Tickets creation out of incoming emails, and you may be able to use it to integrate Level Platforms Alerts into Tickets (though it may be more difficult to set this up, than the way it will be supported with the official release).

Eitan

cwalker
January 15th, 2008, 02:42 PM
We use Kaseya for our MSP and would be very interested in this feature.

brills
January 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM
We use Zenith Infotech and would be interested in integration.

raymond
February 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
n-able here...

//ray

Reliable
February 28th, 2008, 01:43 PM
We use Kaseya

PC MedEvac
March 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
Kaseya as well.

dkawnik
March 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
We are now using Zenith InfoTech and loving it!

jgustin
March 12th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I would be very interested in Zenith integration.

Easy I.T.
March 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Hosted Kaseya here...

ewenzel
April 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Zenith here. Would love it if tickets generated from Zenith can be imported/integrated intoCommitCRM. Maybe with the emails we get from the ticketing system at Zenith we could push it into the CommitCRM software using the Email Connector somehow?

-Ed

Support Team
April 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Using the Email Connector you may be able to receive email alerts from Zenith in two ways (it depends on Zenith's email alerts capabilities):

1. If the Email Alerts from Zenith can contain the customer's email in the "from" address of the alerts, then you can simply receive the alerts into your incoming mailbox, and RangerMSP Email Connector will identify the account and will automatically open a Ticket for this alerts.

2. Alternatively, if they provide the means for customizing the outgoing email alerts as you wish, you may be able to use the XML API by email and open Tickets using the API.

You can read more about these options in the RangerMSP Email Connector setup guide here
HTH

Dina

----------------------
Quick update from the RangerMSP Team:

RangerMSP 5.6 with a RangerMSP-Zenith Link module has been released!

>> Read more about Continuum (Zenith) Link.
>> Read more about this release here.