PDA

View Full Version : RMM Server service wont start

BDTECHRob
August 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Guys,
i am having issues with my RMM service not starting, ever time i start it, it stops again and generates a system log error of "The CommitRMMServer service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)."

i have tried uninstalling the service and re installing it again without any success and the server has been rebooted. any other suggestions?

Support Team
August 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
We are not aware of any such an issue. Please email us your RangerMSP log files for analysis using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP. In case the error is at the RangerMSP side of things (unlike something with Windows, please check Windows Even Log... - AND - send the complete details from there, if anything is logged) then it will probably be logged there.

BDTECHRob
September 2nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hi,
My link under technical support to send the log files errors, what files do you require i will manually zip them up and send the through??

Support Team
September 3rd, 2012, 05:42 AM
You can zip the \RangerMSP\Logs folder and send it back to us. While not the exact same we will hopefully still be able to review it. You can also try to email it from another PC, it will most likely work.

BDTECHRob
September 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
i have just sent you a dropbox invite to share the log files as the zip was 50MB and your email system wouldn't accept it

BDTECHRob
September 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
also the service now starts after i ran the version 6 update however it will no longer create tickets from GFI

Support Team
September 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Log files received and analyzed. Email sent to you with specific instructions on how to resolve it.

BDTECHRob
September 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
hi guys,
thanks for your assistance however it didn't resolve the error, my service now runs but no tickets are created....

Support Team
September 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the update. Please send us your log files again. It looks like a different issue now, that might be related as normally things work very well.

BDTECHRob
September 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Guys,
i followed your instructions a second time and the issue has resolved itself
thanks for your support.